Friday 26 February 2016

Spiced couscous for lunch

This morning the sun is out and it's getting me excited for summer! I'm finding it hard to focus on studying right now so I decided to cook of course...
In the fridge we had leftover chicken and peas, and I wanted to make something quick and easy (it literally took me 10 minutes) but also very nutritious. I don't cook couscous often so decided it was time for it to make an appearance.
So here is my quick and easy spiced couscous recipe:
 
Recipe:
 
Ingredients:
80g couscous
200ml chicken stock
1 garlic clove
1tsp turmeric
1tsp coriander powder
1tsp cumin
1tsp chilli flakes
1tbsp peas
1 small handful of plum tomatoes
As much leftover chicken as you would like
a handful of spinach
 
Method:
1. Boil the chicken stock and garlic. Take off the heat and add in the couscous
2. Add in all the herbs and spices and stir
3. Then and the spinach, peas, chicken and tomatoes and place on a low heat to ensure its nice and warm.
4. Enjoy! (told you it was easy)
 
 
 
 

Time to stop getting distracted and focus.
 
Love Charli x

No comments:

Post a Comment