Thursday 25 February 2016

Quick and healthy cheesy veg pasta

I secretly love it when the fridge is bare because it forces me to come up with new dishes using what ingredients we do have. Today I felt like pasta for lunch and I had to use the leftover veg (because I hate wasting food). The problem was coming up with a healthy sauce to go with it. Usually I'd opt for tomato using fresh tomatoes but we didn't have any...
So then my other option was a cheese based sauce as that's all we seemed to have. But how do you create a dish with a healthy cheese sauce? Here's the answer:
Serves 1
 
Recipe:
Ingredients:
75g wholewheat fusilli pasta
a handful of leftover veg (carrots, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower)
1 clove f garlic
1 egg
50ml milk
40g light philadelphia cream cheese
parmesan cheese to serve
 
Method:

1. Boil the pasta. Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk the egg and milk together.
2. Drain the water from the pasta and then add the garlic and vegetables, keeping the pan on a low heat.
3. Next stir in the egg mixture, make sure the heat is low enough so the egg doesn't scramble.
4. Leave to cook for a few minutes, plate up, season, sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top and enjoy!
 
Love Charli x
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment