Monday 29 February 2016

Date to Kew Gardens

I had recently mentioned to my boyfriend about the Orchid festival at Kew Gardens and guess what... this weekend he took me on a surprise trip there! I'd never been to Kew Gardens before and although it was really cold and it's still winter, the gardens were beautiful and the inside displays were memorizing! I didn't realise how big a place Kew Gardens was, it would be an amazing spot for a picnic in the summer. They also have aquariums too and the cafe's serve the best looking cakes.


The prices for the food were quite high though as it is all freshly made, and my boyfriend and I have given up chocolate, sweets and cake for lent (it's such a challenge) so cake was out of the question, which is why on the way back we decided to stop at Gail's Artisan Bakery in Dulwich for a late lunch. We'd previously been impressed with the one in Blackheath so were really looking forward to it as we were both starving. They are known for their freshly baked bread and cakes which are really yummy! However when we arrived there (around 3:30) there was barely anything left which was really disappointing. I chose the lemon chicken and bulgur salad which was pretty average but I can say that the coffee was really nice!
 
I gave myself a day off from working out, although we did a lot of walking around the gardens!
I hope you all had a great weekend!
 
Love Charli x


No comments:

Post a Comment